SUMMARY: Manages assigned resources to ensure that transportation operations objectives are fully supported at GSFC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prioritizes requirements, assigns and dispatches drivers, helpers, and vehicles to perform routine emergency and priority pick-up and delivery services and to provide special requirements, such as setting up of auditoriums and training rooms for tours, symposiums, classes, etc. Preforms Traffic Management specialist IV duties for projects, scheduled commercial rigging service for center customers,
* Accomplish all duties as outlined in Traffic Management specialist IV Position description for flight projects.
* Operates and maintains the Traffic Information Management system (TIMS).
* Produces monthly shipping reports for Branch Head.
* Performs all paperwork for Inbound international shipments including customs paperwork.
* Works with NASA Customs Broker to clear NASA imports.
* Operates, automated fleet information system (DAFIS).
* Provides daily dispatch of all Transportation drivers and helpers for daily pickup and deliveries
* Provides daily dispatch for all Transportation Project support requirements.
* Provides daily interface with Disposal for the pickup of excess material, creates manifests and dispatches drivers.
* Ensure Taxi services are covered daily to include the dispatch, driver and lunch relief efforts for full daily coverage.
* Schedules Tour bus service in support of GSFC and NASA Headquarters
* Maintains and processes all MOSI tickets for Transportation requests including pickup and deliveries, shredding, empty hazmat containers, and bus tours.
* Serves as direct customer interface. Receives feedback from customers and determines appropriate action for resolving problems.
* Maintains operational and usage data on all trucks and forklifts assigned to Transportation.
* Ensures the Motorpool Dispatcher maintains control and accountability for all U.S. Government national credit cards issued in conjunction with transportation operations, and vehicle keys for all assigned transportation operations motor pool vehicles.
* Maintains automated listing of authorized contractor personnel authorized to operate Government vehicles.
* Ensures vehicle utilization logs are completed and turned in. Enters vehicle trips in automated vehicle management system. Ensures all Fuel receipts are sent to the Government employee each month
* May be required to operate a Government - provided vehicle in support of GLSC. Must possess a current drivers license.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * Must possess a current drivers license.
EXPERIENCE: * Eight years’ experience in Traffic Management and pickup and delivery dispatch.
EDUCATION: * High school diploma or equivalent. * Sensitive equipment training and certification may be required for handling and moving Program Critical Hardware (PCH).