New Job Search
Ammunition Storage Technician I
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Assists the Ammunition Logistics Storage Team with a variety of tasks in support of ammunition logistics and operations. Assists with duties including ammunition warehousing; verifying materials against receiving documents; reporting discrepancies and damages; handling standard and non-standard explosives and ammunition; routing materials to prescribed storage locations; and storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods. Assists with reorganizing, and inventory of explosives and ammunition components. Assists with transporting ammunition to various locations as directed. Maintains accurate and legible records on various DOD and YPG forms. Operates a forklift moving materials in restricted spaces such as trailers and storage magazines. Assists senior technicians and develops independent skills in ammunition safety and security procedures. Requires professional interface with government customers, vendors, truckers, and others. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
* Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess a valid Arizona Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with hazardous material endorsement with no restrictions, or obtain one within 60 days of hire.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a current AA&E certification.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain Ammo 45 Certification.
* Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience with forklift operations.
Job Skills Requirements:
* Must pass a forklift operator pre-qualification test.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
* Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
* Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Ammunition Logistics.
* Must be capable of lifting 110 lbs. chest high unassisted repeatedly during the day.
* Must be able to lift and transport 75 lbs. unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
* Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, and stooping
* Must be tolerant of frequent weapons systems firings.
* Must not have color vision deficiency.
* Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
* Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
* Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
* Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
* Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
* Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
* Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy
* Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
* Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
* Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
* Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
* Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
* Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Military munitions training.
* Two years of experience in ammunition warehousing.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
* Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
**Relevance of experience to be determined by the hiring manager.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
*Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.