New Job Search
System Administrator II
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
The System Administrator II position requires working knowledge of Microsoft servers, experience with deployment and configuration of server operating systems, and backup systems located on both classified and unclassified networks. Additionally this position is responsible for monitoring over 2,000 workstations and servers using approved Army IA tools, testing and deploying security updates, developing cybersecurity reports, and developing application installation packages. The System Administrator will also be responsible for maintaining approved workstation image(s), analyzing system logs to identify potential issues, and troubleshooting Windows operating system and application issues. The Systems Administrator will work with automated tools to perform audits as well as conduct manual audits to verify the accuracy of the automated tools. The selected candidate will perform O&M tasks in the virtual environment, Host Based Security Systems, storage systems, and Active Directory. Knowledge and application of Data Center best practices and DOD regulations is essential. The position requires resolution of customer service requests and incidents, executing change orders, applying updates, implementing security measures, and documentation of Data Center processes and procedures. The position also supports IT projects and deployments along with Data Center operations and maintenance (O&M). The incumbent must have excellent written and oral communication skills, superior customer service skills, be well organized, ability to prioritize tasks, and desire to learn and work with new technologies. Perform other duties as assigned.
* CompTia Security+ certification required within six (6) months of hire.
* Successful completion of approved Computing Environment (CE) training within 6 months.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field or three (3) years of relevant experience in Information Assurance, CyberSecurity, or System Administration.
Job Skills Requirements:
* Must have critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and resolve complex Data Center system issues.
* Must have demonstrated experience as highly motivated; self-directed; able to set priorities and meet deadlines; able to follow through on complex projects; and strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
* Must have the ability to multi-task in a stressful, fast-paced work environment, be highly organized, and possess the willingness to adapt to any situation.
* Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and periodic re-screenings.
* Must be able to work long and varied hours.
* Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
* Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
* Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
* Must be capable of lifting and transporting 50 lbs. unassisted.
* Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed – sometimes on short notice.
* Must be able to travel for off-site duties up to 10% of time.
* Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
* Must be punctual, responsible, reliable, trustworthy, and dependable.
* Must be able to use two-way radios, email, and cellular phones for communications.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and be able to convey information clearly to management, customers, coworkers, employees, and government officials in a professional, positive, and customer focused manner.
* Must have a positive, well-mannered customer service attitude and the ability to maintain a strong customer service attitude at all times.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to understand, follow, and enforce policies, instructions, regulations, etc.
* Must be able to work in a team setting, fostering teamwork, and maintaining a professional relationship with all team members and coworkers, in and outside of your immediate work area.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Experience with server virtualization and server clustering.
* Project Management experience.
* Deployment, administration, and support of Linux Operating Systems.
* Experience with DOD STIGS for server operating systems.
* Network+ certified, or equivalent experience
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
* Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
**Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
*Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.