New Job Search
Radar Technician I
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Applies technical knowledge of electronics, mechanical, and computer skills in support of operations and routine maintenance on various Doppler tracking radar systems and their peripheral equipment, under guidance of senior technicians. Sets up radar and instrumentation van at remote locations, operating the radar system in support of test mission, and system tear-down once testing is complete. Uses test equipment (such as Spectrum Analyzers, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes), and basic hand tools to support radar systems. Supports operations and maintenance efforts with direction. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
* Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have one of the following: one (1) year Electro-mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation-related experience OR Associate’s Degree or Military training
* Must have knowledge of test equipment like multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and Spectrum Analyzers.
Job Skills Requirements:
* Must possess basic computer skills.
* Must be proficient with hand tools.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
* Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
* Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, stooping, kneeling, and standing.
* Must be able to lift 75 lbs. unassisted.
* Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Radar Section.
* Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
* Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
* Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
* Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
* Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
* Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
* Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
* Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
* Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
* Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
* Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
* Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Basic radar theory knowledge or experience.
* Working knowledge of computer systems and software.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
* Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
**Relevance of experience to be determined by the hiring manager.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
*Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.