New Job Search
Artillery DFCS Gunner I
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Supports the Weapons Operations Division with operations and maintenance of the Digital Fire Control Systems (DFCS). Prepares systems for operations, enters known data, computes firing data, and receives and processes messages. Transmits firing data to firing elements, verifies registration, and computes and applies meteorological and muzzle velocity corrections. Records fire mission related information. Assists with software updates on YPG weapons systems. Assists Test Officers with plotting impacts and skip fans. Assists with maintaining data cards on Weapons Operations Division weapons. Assists with operations and maintenance of Weapons Operations Division communications systems. Additionally, performs duties as an artillery gun crewmember. Transports, emplaces, operates, and recovers both towed and self-propelled artillery and mortar systems. Participates in artillery ammunition loading and firing procedures – both remote and manual firing. Follows SOPs and TMs for all processes and procedures. Employs manual or mechanical techniques to set weapon elevation and azimuth. Operates a variety of mobile equipment to facilitate testing, such as farm tractors, rough terrain forklift, M113 series of track vehicles, M109 series of howitzers, etc. Assembles munitions and sets fuzes to prepare for firing operations. Emplaces, aligns, and verifies correct alignment of weapon systems. Performs operator level maintenance on assigned equipment. Assembles and adjusts propellant charges, verifies fuze settings, loads, and fires mortar and artillery munitions. Assists the Gun crew leader with clearing misfires. May participate in Hazard Analysis Working Groups (HAWGs). Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
* Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain Ammo 45 Certification.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain an AA&E Certification.
* Must have successfully completed the training and been awarded the Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) 13D in the U. S. Army or MOS 0844 in the Marine Corps and have three (3) years of experience in the MOS.
Job Skills Requirements:
* Must be competent with the M1A1 Gunner quadrant.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
* Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
* Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Artillery Test Section.
* Must be capable of lifting 110 lbs chest high unassisted repeatedly during the day.
* Must be able to lift and transport 110 lbs unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
* Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, and stooping.
* Must be tolerant of frequent weapons systems firings.
* Must be able to enter and exit self-propelled howitzer safely.
* Must not have color vision deficiency.
* Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
* Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
* Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
* Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
* Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
* Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
* Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
* Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
* Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
* Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
* Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
* Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
* Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
* Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
*Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.