New Job Search
Entry Level Test Engineer - ASET
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Plans, designs, coordinates, executes, monitors, evaluates, and reports test and evaluation of military integrated aircraft, parachute, sensors, and/or electronic warfare systems and equipment, incorporating state-of-the-art technology and requiring substantial deviation from established test procedures and/or development of new procedures or instrumentation systems. Integrated aircraft systems and equipment includes munitions, precision navigation, unmanned aerial systems, and others. Parachute systems and equipment includes cargo and personnel parachute systems, precision guided airdrop systems, certification of material and aircraft for airdrop, external air transport, and others. Sensors includes test and evaluation of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems as well as sensors for force protection. Electronic warfare includes systems to counter improvised explosive devices (IED), interoperability, and electromagnetic compatibility. Assigned tests are usually feasibility, engineering design, or development tests. May be assigned independent responsibility for a project having the characteristics described above or may serve as a project engineer on a major, complex system that is part of a high visibility, high cost program for which a team leader has overall responsibility. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission.
* Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET and regionally accredited college or university.
Job Skills Requirements:
* Must earn a Test Officer Certification within 1 year of hire.
* Must have comprehensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Must have demonstrated experience as highly motivated; self-directed; able to set priorities and meet deadlines; able to follow through on complex projects; and strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
* Must be able to provide leadership to subordinate employees when necessary.
* Must have interest in learning and developing in the field of test and evaluation of military equipment and systems.
* Must develop ability to manage complex test program including customer interface, planning, cost estimating, execution, data analysis, and reporting.
* Must have the ability to multi-task in a stressful, fast-paced work environment, be highly organized, and possess the willingness to adapt to any situation.
* Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and periodic re-screenings.
* Must be able to work long and varied hours.
* Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
* Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
* Must be able to ascend and descend equipment.
* Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
* Must be capable of lifting and transporting 35 lbs. unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
* Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed – sometimes on short notice – to support test missions.
* Must be able to travel for off-site duties up to 10% of time.
* Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
* Must be punctual, responsible, reliable, trustworthy, and dependable.
* Must be able to use two-way radios, email, and cellular phones for communications.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and be able to convey information clearly to management, customers, coworkers, employees, and government officials in a professional, positive, and customer focused manner.
* Must have a positive, well-mannered customer service attitude and the ability to maintain a strong customer service attitude at all times.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to understand, follow, and enforce policies, instructions, regulations, etc.
* Must be able to work in a team setting, fostering teamwork, and maintaining a professional relationship with all team members and coworkers, in and outside of your immediate work area.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Professional knowledge of aerodynamic properties and general knowledge of aviation engineering concepts.
* Experience with cargo and/or personnel parachute systems, precision guided airdrop systems, certification of hazardous and non-hazardous material for airdrop, certification of aircraft for airdrop operations, and/or external air transport.
* Graduate of U.S. Army Basic Airborne Course.
* Military or industry experience with counter IED systems.
* Experience leading a multi-disciplined project team.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project software.
* Engineering internship experience.
* Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
* Six Sigma Greenbelt certification.
* Knowledge of government office procedures and prior work experience in government testing office environment.
* Ability to interpret scheduling requirements from multiple sources and efficiently schedule section personnel and equipment.
* Ability to identify existing and predictable hazards in developmental testing, and take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them.
* Experience with test planning, cost estimating, project management, data analysis, and/or technical writing.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
* Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
*Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.