New Job Search
Radar Maintenance Technician II **INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Applies technical knowledge of electronics, mechanical, and computer skills to perform corrective and preventive maintenance on pulse and continuous wave radar systems and their peripheral equipment. Uses test equipment (such as Spectrum Analyzers, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes), and basic hand tools to support radar system maintenance efforts. Troubleshoots, diagnoses, adjusts, modifies and repairs radar systems using technical manuals, SOP’s, and schematics. Documents all work performed in maintenance software applications. Works independently supporting operations and maintenance efforts with minimal direction. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. Mentors junior technicians. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have one of the following: two (2) years’ experience in troubleshooting and repair of Electro-mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation systems OR Associate’s Degree or Military training and one (1) year Electro-mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation-related experience.
• Must have knowledge of test equipment like multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and Spectrum Analyzers.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Must be proficient with hand tools.
• Must be able to solder.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, stooping, kneeling, and standing.
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs. unassisted.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Radar Section.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must provide personally-owned common hand tools.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Specialized experience with AN/MPS-25, TPQ-39 Acquisition Radar, Weibel mono-pulse tracking radar, or Mortar Tracking System.
• Basic radar theory knowledge or experience.
• Working knowledge of computer systems and software.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
October 20, 2021
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.