New Job Search
Heavy Equipment Mechanic I (Artillery) **INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Diagnoses, repairs and/or overhauls major assemblies of tactical wheeled /tracked vehicles, artillery weapons, and general support equipment. Replaces worn or broken parts. Reads, interprets and follows technical manuals. Properly documents maintenance actions on the applicable forms. Repairs air brake systems or air operated components, hydraulic systems, A/C systems, electrical systems, and specialized or one of a kind test components. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have 609 AC certification.
• Must have three years’ experience as a heavy equipment mechanic dealing with troubleshooting and repair of heavy equipment, including diesel/gas engines, automotive electrical systems, and air/hydraulic systems.
• Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair vehicles with a GVW above 10,000 lbs., all tactical equipment, forklifts, or generators above 14KW 3 phase.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Can perform proper repairs without regular inspector IPI faults.
• Be very familiar with vehicle/equipment subsystems.
• Must be familiar with various types of artillery weapons systems including but not limited to 105, 155, PIM, and 777.
• Must have knowledge of reading wire diagrams for trouble shooting and repairing electrical systems.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs.
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs. unassisted.
• Must have toolbox and tools required to perform heavy vehicle maintenance.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Demonstrates willingness and ability required to properly document the following: parts request forms, time sheets, system codes and maintenance performed.
• Always works in a safe manner, preventing harm to people, property and the environment.
• Follows rules and directions willingly and completely.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• 5 years maintenance experience with military tactical and combat equipment, including artillery weapon systems.
• Experience with Air Conditioning, ABS air brakes, duel voltage electrical systems, Central Tire Inflation Systems, and hydraulics.
• Possess a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
• Turbine Engines experience.
• Military Experience.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
October 20, 2021
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.