New Job Search
Optical Tracking Mount Operator I **INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Entry level position. Under supervision, relocates, sets up, and operates optical tracking mounts which include Kineto Tracking Mounts (KTM); Mini Mounts and Portable Tracking Mounts (PTM) and associated equipment. Associated equipment includes: video cameras (analog, high definition, IR and high speed), lenses video recorders, timing units, computers, video patch panels, and routers, network switches and cabling, power generators and analog and digital servo control systems and GUI interfaces. Uses tracking mount to record video and associated information. Takes direction from senior technicians. Assists with operator level maintenance on equipment. Helps prepare/maintain tracking mount site for test support, which includes installation and maintenance of calibration targets. Maintains records and logbooks. Performs other duties as needed to ensure completion of test mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have one of the following: one (1) year experience in a related field, OR directly-related Trade School / Military training.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Experience with MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must provide personally owned common hand tools.
• Must have desire to learn optical tracking mount operations.
• Must have good hand-eye coordination.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as -50 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be able to climb ladders safely.
• Must be capable of kneeling, squatting, bending and standing while performing duties.
• Must be able to distinguish colors. Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Optical Tracking.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Current Secret Security Clearance
• Knowledge of YPG ranges
• Possess Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A
• Strong electronics repair and mechanical aptitude
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
October 20, 2021
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.