New Job Search
Target Operations Technician I
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Represents Target Operations in a wide variety of areas within the test range environment. Assists with test preparation, set-up, execution, logistics, data collection, and reporting for various Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), Sensors, tethered aerostat surveillance, aircraft weapons, electronic warfare, and a wide variety of sensor platform training and testing programs. Assists with the conduct of field-testing in various roles from data acquisition up to direction of testing in progress. Develops the skills to access and use the YPG scheduling system to assist with projecting personnel and equipment requirements. Learns to select, set up, and operate standard test equipment and record test data. May assist with compiling and verifying test data. Assists with processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, and selecting methods of data presentation. Assists with receiving, transporting, emplacing, and shipping supplies, test items, and equipment while maintaining accountability. Assists with representing the Test Officer to external customers and support organizations. Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills in person, on the telephone, and in written correspondence (such as e-mail). Supports providing daily and as-needed feedback to Test Officers to provide useful information for decision-making. Supports senior team members to work with Test Officer to implement requirements for placement and operation of target vehicles and related assets. Assists with maintaining control of target array and ensuring target operations are executed in accordance with test plan and operational procedures and instructions. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must have interest in learning and developing in the field of test and evaluation of military equipment and systems.
• Must have ability to assist, conduct, and adapt to a variety of tests using established methods.
• Must be able to use two-way radios, email, and cellular phones for communications.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Aviation and TRAX.
• Must be able to work long and varied hours.
• Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
• Must be able to ascend and descend equipment, including large vehicles as high as 8-10 feet.
• Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
• Must be capable of lifting 75 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to travel for off-site duties up to 10% of time.
• Must be able to maintain a strong customer service attitude at all times.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Knowledge of military systems, accounting procedures, and military logistics.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Level II Ammo Certification.
• Current A, A, & E Certification.
• Possess the ability to communicate with customers, coworkers, support personnel, military, government, management, and senior officials in a professional, positive, and customer-focused manner.
• Able to multi-task, be highly organized, and possess a willingness to adapt to changing situations in a fast paced work environment.
• Mechanically inclined.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.