New Job Search
Instrumentation Data Computer Programmer I
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Under direction of senior technicians, assists in retrieving data (tabular or video) from instrumentation type data acquisition units used during vehicle endurance and performance testing. Ensures proper tracking and storage of all test documentation and media. Assists in processing data relating to the measurements taken by test personnel on the test site. Uses data processing software like Origin or Excel to process, analyze, display, and visualize data. Assists in all security matters pertaining to test data collection and processing. Receives technical advice from more senior technicians, supervisor, test lead or engineer; work is reviewed for technical adequacy (or conformity with instructions). Begins programming scripts and macros. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
$23.04 / hour
• Must have one of the following: an Associate’s degree in a technical or a Computer-related field AND 2 years directly related experience; OR 4 years directly related experience AND satisfactory completion of college level mathematics.
• When applicable, must have (or acquire within 6 months of hire) a Security+ Certification and a Computing Environment Certification, per Network Enterprise Center (NEC) requirements.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and possess the ability to quickly learn and use various computer applications.
• The ability to maintain accurate records; adhere to documented procedures, accurately read routine reports and correspondence, perform clerical functions as required, and work cooperatively within a team environment.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching and stooping.
• Must be capable of sitting and performing continuous computer work on a daily basis.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Instrumentation Data.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability. Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy. Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs. Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience in data processing, data management and networking.
• Knowledge of vehicle testing.
• Experience retrieving and processing data from data acquisition systems.
• Experience with Origin software.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International