New Job Search
System Administrator I
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Provide configuration management support, connectivity to networks, performance monitoring, and maintenance on computer systems. Responsible for computer, peripheral, and software purchasing requirements, maintaining computer lists (asset tracking and turn in), troubleshooting and resolving issues, and completing necessary DOD documentation, such as Certificates of Networthiness (CONs) or Risk Management Framework (RMF) and other documentation for multiple instrumentation sections. Operations will include patching and updating of standalone computers, maintain a secure computing environment according to YPG regulations, and work closely with YPG Cyber Security Office to solve problems unique to the YPG test environment. Build and repair CAT5 Ethernet cables. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have an Associate’s Degree/Military training AND two years of related experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution AND one year related experience.
• Must possess industry certifications within 6 months to meet DoD Directive 8570.01 training requirements, as required, such as CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft OS certification.
• Experience in computer performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Effective interpersonal and organizational skills, along with sound written and verbal communication skills are required. Attention to detail is a must.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Instrumentation Data.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• The ability to maintain accurate records; adhere to documented procedures, accurately read routine reports and correspondence, perform clerical functions as required, and work cooperatively within a team environment.
• Must be able to maintain own tools to the minimum requirement by the company.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
• Experience with DOD’s Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Experience with Microsoft Client OS Registry.
• Experience with Group Policy Objects.
• Experience with instrumentation such as Spectrum Analyzers.
• Experience with CISCO network equipment.
• DoD Network experience, including network performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of wireless telephone core technology (Ericsson, Nokia, Alcatel Lucent)
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or technical discipline from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International