New Job Search
Simulation Technician – Vibration I
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Assists a senior technician with the operation and maintenance of multiple vibration facilities, these duties include but are not limited to, receiving of test materials, both energetic and non-energetic, assists in performing pretest inspections, on test items, operates environmental chambers to provide pretest conditioning. Under the direction of senior technician assist with placing test items on to designated fixture, ensuring proper orientation of test item. Following all applicable SOP’s and Mil Standards perform tests. During the duration of test, the test item will continuously monitored remotely noting and stopping test if any damage to test item or test fixture mount occurs. Assist senior technician with posttest inspection. Inspect test fixtures after each and repair or replace as necessary. Perform other duties as required to ensure test mission is met. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must acquire a YPG forklift certification within 90 days.
• Must acquire AA&E (Arms Ammunition and Explosives) within 90 days.
• Must acquire ammo 45 certification within 90 days.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must possess photo pass.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must possess basic electronic skills.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be capable of lifting 100lbs unassisted.
• Must be capable of working in outdoor weather conditions.
• Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, and stooping.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Metrology and Simulation.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must be willing to support testing in other areas of the section.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Has YPG forklift certification.
• Has AA&E (Arms Ammunition and Explosives).
• Has ammo 45 certification.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International