New Job Search
CRTC Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Seasonal
Delta Junction, AK
Test Range Operations
This position is located at the Cold Regions Test Center (CRTC), Delta Junction, Alaska
Diagnoses, repairs, and/or overhauls major assemblies of wheeled/tracked type construction vehicles, including, but not limited to, dump trucks, loaders, dozers, scrapers, and graders. Replaces worn or broken parts. Reads, interprets, and follows manufacturer’s technical manuals. Properly documents maintenance actions on the applicable forms. Repairs air brake systems or air operated components, hydraulic systems, A/C systems, electrical systems, and specialized or one of a kind test components. Performs quality control inspections. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have three (3) years’ experience as a heavy equipment mechanic dealing with troubleshooting and repair of heavy equipment, including diesel/gas engines, automotive electrical systems, and air/hydraulic systems, OR be a graduate of a recognized trade school with one (1) year experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Can perform proper repairs without regular inspector IPI faults.
• Very familiar with vehicle/equipment subsystems.
• Demonstrates willingness and ability required to properly document, timekeeping, parts request, system codes and maintenance performed.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including winter temperatures in excess of -40 Fahrenheit.
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be capable of kneeling, bending and standing while performing maintenance duties
• Must be able to distinguish colors.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Can work proficiently with limited supervision.
• Follows rules and directions willingly and completely.
• Must be able to maintain own tools to the minimum requirement by the company.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Always works in a safe manner, preventing harm to people, property and the environment.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• 5 years of maintenance experience with heavy equipment and tractor/trailers.
• Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing vehicles with a GVW above 10,000 lbs., all construction equipment, forklifts, or generators above 14KW 3 phase.
• Experience with ABS air brakes, duel voltage electrical systems, Central Tire Inflation Systems, and welding.
• Possess a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
• Military experience.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open until filled.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International