New Job Search
Weapon & Communication System Operator Level I
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Under supervision, handles and operates a wide variety of military weapons systems to include small arms up to turret mounted combat vehicle weapons systems. Prepares by conducting PMCS, and Prefire checks, adjusts, and troubleshoots turret mounted weapons systems for operation and firing. Performs operational checkouts of combat vehicle weapons systems, including proper performance of all vehicle subsystems including communications, navigation, and final system preparations such as bore sighting and Prefire checks. Rides on board test vehicles to generate, collect, and record test data required by the test officer on the vehicle mission sheet. Observes and reports test findings to the test officer. Conducts pre-established military disciplines associated with safe weapons handling. Performs testing of subsystem software, and other software related to military combat vehicles, and communications devices in accordance with the test plan. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have Military Experience
• Must have operational experience with SINCGARS, Harris Radios, BFT, and FBCB2.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain AA&E Certification
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Ammo 45 Certification
• Must have experience with crew-served weapon systems, and military small arms weapon systems.
• Experience performing operations in accordance with military technical manuals.
• Must be able to pass Check-Off certification for one Vehicle Platform currently at YPG (M1 Abrams, Bradley M2A3, Bradley M2A4, M7A4 BFIST, etc…)
• Must be able to pass Safety Check-Off certification for M240B, M249 Saw, M2 .50 Cal. Machine Guns.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for WCSO Section.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience as a crewmember on any combat or fire support team ie. Army MOS 11B, 13F, 19D, 19K; USMC MOS 0311, 0313, 0861, 1812, 0621.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International