New Job Search
Ammunition Recovery Technician II (UXO II) **INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Performs the recovery of test items, clearance of UXO, and preparation of impacts and test sites operating under the guidance and direction of qualified Ammunition Recovery personnel. Performs visual and/or instrumented UXO search activities in the field and operates ordnance detection instruments and similar equipment. Performs the loading, unloading, transporting, and storage of explosives and ammunition. Performs the disassembly, modification, functioning and recovery of explosive test items. Performs the preparation and placement of explosives and installs priming and firing systems. Performs the identification, disposal and demilitarization of explosive materials, UXO, range residue and other material as required. Positively identifies, inspects, and certifies fuse remnants, fragments, and related debris as safe to handle. Performs the duties of an ORT as described in the OB/OD permit. Operates various equipment used for Ammunition Recovery operations in accordance with local SOPs and test requirements. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be a graduate of NAVSCOLEOD and have three (3) years of EOD, UXO, or Ammunition Recovery experience.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions and be able to obtain, within 90 days of hire, an Arizona Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with hazardous material and air brake endorsements for the duration of employment.
• Must be able to obtain, within 180 days of hire, and maintain a license to operate the following section equipment: ATV, UTV, backhoe, loader, MHE, tractor, skid steer, excavator, APC, and MRAP.
• Must be able to obtain, within 180 days of hire, and maintain current certifications in: AA&E clearance, Ammunition Group II Certification, OSHA 10hr Construction Safety, 40hr HAZWPR with 8hr annual refresher as well as all OB/OD Permit and other local required certifications and trainings.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must be able to use two-way radios, email, and cellular phones for communications.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be able to work long and varied hours.
• Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
• Must be able to ascend and descend equipment.
• Must be tolerant of frequent weapons systems firings.
• Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
• Must be capable of lifting and transporting 105 lbs. unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
• Must be capable of lifting 115 lbs. waist high unassisted.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Ammo Recovery.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to interpret technical data to assist in the development of section SOP’s, LOI’s and other test related documents.
• Experience in the operation of water-jet cutters, briquetters, hammer-mills, shears, shredders, and remote equipment.
• Experience participating in crews operating various pieces of equipment, hazardous munitions, and range clearance and demolition operations.
• Experience handling, transporting, storing, accounting for AA&E.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
June 1, 2020
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International