New Job Search
Automotive Worker I (GSA)
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Assists or performs a wide variety of operation support for GSA Vehicle Service Center. Performs various operations and repair to GSA passenger vehicles, trucks, and other assigned equipment. Duties to include, but not limited to engine oil service, lubrication, tire change, brakes, AC repair, and battery replacement. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Assist in the diagnosing and repairs to GSA vehicles. Disassembling, cleaning, and repairing of components. Minor repairs to electrical systems. Maintains tools and equipment specific to GSA, also maintains and cleans work area and environment. Performs in-field service calls. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess A/C Certification as per Section 609 of the Clean Air Act.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in the Automotive Maintenance field, including diagnosing and repairing small engines, OR be a graduate of a recognized automotive or directly related trade school.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must be able to demonstrate good supervisory and administrative skills.
• Must be willing to work extended hours and varied shifts when required.
• Must be able to maintain own tools to the minimum required by the company.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be capable of kneeling, bending and standing while performing maintenance duties.
• Must be able to distinguish colors.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for GSA Maintenance.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to maintain own tools to the minimum requirement by the company.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience involved in troubleshooting, repairing and /or overhauling components and systems, such as engines, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, fuel, and other assemblies.
• Knowledge of the makeup, operation, and installation of complex major systems and assemblies to troubleshoot and repair a variety of equipment.
• Ability to do the work of the position under normal supervision.
• Currently possess a Security Clearance.
• General knowledge of the ranges at the U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground.
• Military Experience.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International