New Job Search
Cold Regions Test Center Supervisor
Delta Junction, AK
Facilities Management and Operations
Supervisor responsible for the overall supervision, training and performance of the employees in section(s). Directs the field activities so that daily, short term and long term production objectives are achieved and also closely monitors the progress of work. Also thoroughly involved in the recruitment process, reviewing and evaluating the performance of subordinates, and instigates and oversees disciplinary process in conjunction with HR.
Performs the duties of Supervisor for the TRAX Cold Regions Test Center (CRTC) employees with minimal supervision. Accurately and knowingly leads and represents TRAX, CRTC, and the section(s) to customers and vendors.
Performs supervision duties for over 20 employees, including but not limited to: attending regular scheduling meetings and effectively scheduling employees to meet mission requirements; creating and maintaining section training plan; scheduling, documenting, and conducting required training courses; and providing mentorship and guidance to assigned personnel. Prepares and manages administrative reports, as required. Performs property control and facility warden duties, as required. Actively pursues and supports TRAX and CRTC goals. Performs other duties as required to complete assigned mission.
Vary by mission requirements.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold dual citizenships.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must be able to maintain a security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be prepared to work night shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed to support specific test schedules.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, customer service attitude, and ability to work well with people.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office software suite - to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must have two or more of the following skills and experience; supervisory experience, material test experience, military experience, and/or work experience in arctic conditions.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs unassisted.
• Capable of working outdoors for extended times in Arctic extremes.
• Capable of frequent squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping.
• Knowledge of military systems, accounting procedures, and military logistics.
• 5 years of experience supporting military material testing.
• 3 years of supervisory experience with 5 or more employees.
• CDLwith HazMat endorsement.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant military training.
Open until filled.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: VETS, Westech, and Spiral. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.