New Job Search
Metrology Technician – NDT – Physical Test II **INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Performs the duties of a Non Destructive Inspector utilizing the various disciplines of NDI such as, visual, liquid dye penetrant, magnetic particle, and eddy current, to perform inspections on a wide variety of military hard ware such as cannon tubes breach assemblies and other related components. Cleans components utilizing chemical or manual methods. Performs inspection in accordance of work order received, annotating findings on inspection report, utilizing still photos and written description of indications, submits reports to senior technician for review. Mentors junior technicians. Performs other duties as required to ensure completion of test mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess level I certification in one of the noted Nondestructive test disciplines.
• Must possess 70Hrs in Dye Penetrant method.
• Must possess 70 Hrs. Magnetic particle method.
• Must possess 70 Hrs. in visual method.
• Must possess AA&E (Arms Ammunition and Explosive).
• Must possess fork lift certification.
• Must possess overhead crane certification.
• Must have 4 years’ experience in metallurgy or directly related field, OR 2 years’ experience as a Physical Test I Technician.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must possess knowledge of military artillery/mortar components.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must possess photo pass.
• Must be able to use precision measuring devices such as calipers and micrometers.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be capable of lifting 100lbs unassisted.
• Must be capable of working in outdoor weather conditions.
• Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, and stooping.
• Must be able to pass eye exam.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Metrology and Simulation.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must be willing to support testing in other areas of the section.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International