New Job Search
Radar Instrumentation Engineer
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Applies technical knowledge of electronics, radar system principles, and computer skills to support test planning, operations, upgrades and corrective maintenance on various pulse and continuous wave radar tracking systems and their peripheral equipment in a military testing environment. Provides technical advice, analysis, assessment and evaluation of radar performance with post-test data reduction and quality control using manufacturer analytical software or other tools. Skills required include fluency with computers, use of test equipment (such as Spectrum Analyzers, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes), strong analytical and problem solving skills to support radar systems. Interface directly with the Government customer and contractor subject matter experts by providing support and analyses of radar system refinements, improved utilization of radar resources and potential areas of radar system improvement. Works independently supporting operations and maintenance efforts with minimal direction. Guides a small group of technicians and manages small projects. Develops training documentation. Mentors and trains technicians and engineers. Assists technicians and engineers with complex with high-level troubleshooting and repair on radar systems. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or Physics or Mathematics with RF emphasis from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university and a minimum of two years’ experience in RF or related electronics or electrical field.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must have working knowledge of computer systems and software.
• Capable of using test equipment and schematics for troubleshooting.
• Must possess radar theory knowledge and experience.
• Must have experience conducting and/or evaluating RF measurements on high power transmitters and amplifiers such as power, frequency and modulation.
• Demonstrated radar experience including target acquisition, tracking and discrimination functions.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Radar Section.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Specialized experience with AN/MPS-25, FPS-16, TPQ-39 Acquisition Radar, Weibel Multi-Frequency Long Range Tracking radars and Mortar Tracking Systems.
• Experience with agile process implementation using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
• Three plus years of experience in electronics/electrical and/or systems engineering.
• Master of Science degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above me are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International