New Job Search
Artillery Gunner II
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Test Range Operations
Performs duties as an artillery gun crewmember under the guidance of a gun crew leader. Performs a variety of tasks associated with artillery weapons and ammunition testing. Transports, emplaces, operates, and recovers both towed and self-propelled artillery and mortar systems. Participates in artillery ammunition loading and firing procedures – both remote and manual firing. Follows SOPs and TMs for all processes and procedures. Employs manual or mechanical techniques to set weapon elevation and azimuth. Operates the Digital Fire Control System (DFCS). Operates a variety of mobile equipment to facilitate testing, such as farm tractors, rough terrain forklift, M113 series of track vehicles, M109 series of howitzers, etc. Assembles munitions and sets fuses to prepare for firing operations. Performs routine duties with minimal supervision. Performs other duties required to complete assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a current AA&E certification.
• Must have three (3) years of experience on towed or self-propelled howitzers or mortar systems or must have successfully completed the training and been awarded the Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) 13B or 13D in the U. S. Army or the 800 series in the U. S. Marine Corps.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Ammo 45 Certification.
• Must be licensed/certified to operate Weapons Operations Division equipment such as forklifts, farm tractors, track vehicles, etc.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must be willing and able to use hand tools such as picks and shovels to emplace weapons.
• Must be competent with the M1A1 Gunner quadrant.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be capable of lifting 110 lbs chest high unassisted repeatedly during the day.
• Must be able to lift and transport 110 lbs unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
• Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, and stooping
• Must be tolerant of frequent weapons systems firings.
• Must be able to enter and exit self-propelled howitzer safely.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Artillery Test Section.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open Until Filled
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International