New Job Search
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Facilities Management and Operations
The Business Office Support – Accounting position is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial/payroll information, prepare accurate and timely financial/payroll reports and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures are followed.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
• Assist with travel arrangements and reconciliation of expense reports for over 600 travelers annually.
• Manage accounts payable functions from voucher to payment.
• Maintain/update accounting procedures as necessary.
• Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and maintain the integrity of accounting data.
• Reconciliation of general ledger and credit card accounts.
• Review/approval of vendor invoices using a 3-way match.
• Work with electronic timekeeping systems and review the information for completeness and accuracy.
• Verify time entries are in compliance with timekeeping policies.
• Support of budget and forecast activities.
• Support audits as necessary - Internal, customer and corporate.
• Support to the Accounting Manager as required.
• Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission.
• Must have an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field.
• Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience with a solid understanding of accounting principles.
• Must have experience with electronic accounting/timekeeping systems.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Must have good time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must have a strong knowledge of payroll/accounting.
• Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines.
• Must be proficient in Excel.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for the Business Services Section.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be capable of sitting and working at a computer for long periods of time.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• Knowledge and experience of CostPoint accounting and DELTEK timekeeping computer applications.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Open until filled.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.