New Job Search
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN A - ENGINEERING TECH SERVICES SECTION - BLDG 335
White Sands Missile Range, NM
Test Range Operations
HOURLY RATE PER CBA
Operates, maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices. Applies technical knowledge of electronic principles in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.Sets up, operates and maintains a variety of electronic instrumentation. Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents, to include reading and understanding electronic circuit diagrams/schematics. May require overtime and/or weekend work.Other tasks include:
• Provide technical assistance to both Real-Time Data Processing (RTDPS) & Telemetry Data Center (TDC) government customers in the integration, setup, troubleshooting, and preventive & corrective maintenance of new and existing equipment.
• Assist government customers with video configuration and/or setup of lobby projector/large screen monitors in the customer service area as well as diagnostic setup for radar and telemetry systems.
• Support numerous display PCs and monitors (over 150 units), printers, large screen monitors, and special purpose electronics, such as sun microsystem function boxes (approx. 40 ea.).
• Assist customers with any problems that occur before, during and after mission execution (e.g. troubleshooting system hardware and software application issues, configuration issues, and network connectivity issues).
• Repair hardware items, connectors, cables, soldering, fabrication of cabling, running cabling under false floor and proper labeling of all cabling and equipment.• Cross-utilization into other job categories as required.
OPEN DATE: 7/24/2019
CLOSE DATE: 7/30/2019
Demonstration of satisfactory skill and good performance with 3 years progressive work experience in the particular field in addition to graduation from a two year course at a technical institute, or a total of six years progressive experience in the specific field. Must possess Security+ certification, and be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. A valid driver’s license is required. Candidate must be eligible for a SECRET security clearance immediately upon employment
Other Job Information (if applicable)
TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability